Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Day 3 RBE - Rest Day at Brighton Wed 6th July 2011

I had to try very hard to get everyone to pose for this one - can you see Joey?

How many pints can you see?
Having spent the day and the night motoring from Queensborough to Brighton, we arrived at Brighton marine in the early hours and retreated to the local Wetherspoons.  I managed to convince everyone it opened at 7am, so at 7.30, finding I was wrong (me?  Wrong?) we retreated to McDonalds for coffee to wait until Wetherspoons opening at 8.

We enjoyed a lovely breakfast and were a little disappointed to find that they didnt serve beer until 9am (what is this wretched country coming to?!)

The beer at 9am was however enjoyable!


Does it look like Mike has been on night watch?

I think John must have had lots of sleep last night - how fresh faced is he!


We had a relaxing day with the crew cleaning the boat - I managed to get out of this job as I had to return once more to Wetherspoons to use the internet and create a blog for RBE!

A had a welcome visitor in the form of Sue Moorman who lives in South Heighton, not too far away - in fact as we motored along the coast into Brighton, I gave her a wave - it was only 5am so not sure she saw me!

The lovely Sue comes to visit


There is a 24 hr ASDA in the "Marina Village" so I couldnt resist stocking up on food.  The boat is now full - no storage room left, but far more satisfying than shopping at Waitrose!

Everyone tired and a bit tetchy (!) last night after our previous nights sail so we all headed to bed at a reasonable time.

No comments:

Post a Comment