Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 July 2011

RBE Day 18 - Day Off

Thank goodness its a day off today.  At 2 this morning I woke feeling very ill - a touch of food poisoning.  This is the first time that I wished I was back home.  Trying to vomit quietly on a boat isnt easy I can assure you - I was just grateful for the fact that we weren’t out at sea today.   I was ill until 6am, then fell fast asleep exhausted!
I really would have liked to have stayed in bed for the day - but we had a date with a fabulous boat at 9.30 and it was something I wasnt going to miss out on!
Kevin (the RNLI navigator) gave us a fabulous talk and tour of the lifeboat and the work of the RNLI.  It costs £400,000 to run the RNLI - I tried to guess how much it would be and guessed 30K - a little out don’t you think!!








We couldnt help but be impressed with the boat, and the work of these brave men as they work to save lives on our seas.  We were taken to the “Survivors area” and the engine room.
I then headed into town to get some ID photos - needed for my VHF licence and, eventually, my yacht master qualification!  Mike joined me and we ended up in Wetherspoons for lunch.  The perfect recovery from food poisoning - a Wetherspoons lunch!  We then went to the Prince William for a pint of Tribute


Lack of sleep and a lunch time beer meant there was only one place to be - in my cabin for a snooze. 
I woke to hear Pete and John busy studying again and comparing answers, but that was clearly exhausting for John……..


Chris is busy cooking dinner - lovely chicken with rosemary nicked, sorry, picked locally - gorgeous Chris!
We meet up with Fred tomorrow - he is joining us on the boat and doing some tuition and preparation in readiness to start the next leg.  Im ready to get going and looking forward to the next part of the adventure.  The Scilly Isles are beckoning…...

No comments:

Post a Comment