Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 July 2011

The Round Britain Experience Finally Begins

Finally here!  After months and months, people asking me if Im excited - well the honest answer was no as there has been so much going on in my life!  However - as soon as the taxi drew up at St Katherine Dock in London I felt the butterflies in my stomach and the excitement began.


The Round Britain Experience!  Thats the name of the boat and you can see Cal, Tash and Mick in the background.

A champagne lunch was provided and very well received. 


The Round Britain Experience starts right in the heart of London near Tower Bridge which can just be seen peeking through from the marina!


We arrived early (yes - me, early!) and Mick treated us all to a jug of Pimms - how civilised!





The boat is a Bavaria 45 and is brand new (well, almost!) spacious and fully kitted out- it even has an iron and ironing board - honest to god!






I have been appointed as the caterer for the first leg of the trip - they obviously spotted the domestic goddess in me and handed over the money for the 1st fortnight!  Such responsibility to feed 5 people you have never met before!  Maybe they will live to regret their decision!  Fussy eaters WILL be the first to be thrown overboard!

I will introduce the others later....

No comments:

Post a Comment