Total Pageviews

Friday 8 July 2011

Day 5 RBE - Yet another day in Brighton but we made best use of time with whipping, splicing and dogging!



10am -  Brighton marina is a lovely place, fantastic facilities so we arranged the weather to give us an excuse to stay here just another day!

We did plan to go, but the weather forecast which hedged its best with "slight" "moderate" and "severe" quicky turned to a gale warning!

So - we are starting our diesel engine management course shortly and this afternoon doing "splicing"  I asked if that was similar to Salsa and got the lovely sarcastic look from our skipper!

Anyway, its now 10am - we had our first lecture in diesel engine management.


Chris and John get stuck in checking the engine!

They spend so much time there - we all wonder if Chris is really in John's confessional!

So I take a peek via the side doors - to find...they are really checking the engine after all!



We then had a lovely lunch with yet another round of tiger bread with various fillings.  Duncan will insist on lots of pickled onions - sure it cant be good for him!

Following lunch, and yet another visit to the Chandlers.....we had a demonstration on.....
Whipping, Splicing, and Dogging - yes!  I cant believe it - I've come here on a trip of a lifetime and find Im whipping and dogging!  You know, when you learn another language, you rely on your tutor to tell you the truth when they teach you new words........

Anyway - here we are learning whipping, splicing and dogging....
Look at John with his Portugese Plait!

How studious are we!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gill, (It's John's daughter Debs - we met before you left) hope you don't mind me looking at your blog, the official one is not on the go yet! (plus yours is funny!!) Looks like your having a fun time, its great to see the photo's. Can you give a hug to my dad from me. Have fun confessing he is a great listener and no judge!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Debs!

    Glad you are enjoying the blog. The official one should be up and running next week - Im planning to write it but may make it a little more serious and than this one - but might be an exact copy if I get fed up!

    John is lovely - but what makes you think I have something to confess????? Gulp - you only spent a couple of hours with me and yet you know me so well!

    On our way sailing now - will be anchoring so no updates today now. I have loads of photos to add and go back to previous blogs so keep a look out for edits!

    Cheerio!

    Jill (and John who is reading this with me!)

    ReplyDelete